For those who binged on Mindy Kaling’s first Netflix project Never Have I Ever last April, know how the protagonist Devi, who never even had a boyfriend before, finds herself in a crazy love triangle. When Devi kisses Ben, her high school nemesis, at the end of Season 1, fans were left in utter shock, especially because of her feelings for Paxton, the school’s hottest guy.
In mere 10 episodes, Never Have I Ever, managed to introduce us to today’s various social and psychological issues through comedy. For instance, Devi’s grief over losing her father, the importance of psychological therapy, Fabiola’s struggle with her sexual identity, Kamala’s dilemma over arrange and love marriage, etc. If you thought season 1 was insane enough, then we say wait for Season 2. But, good news you won’t have to wait too long, because Netflix has announced that Never Have I Ever Season 2 is coming sooner than you thought. Here’s what we know so far.
Similar read: Will the Gossip Girl reboot survive the status of the OG?
Has Never Have I Ever Season 2 Been Confirmed?
Yes! The cast of Never Have I Ever revealed the release date with a very cute post. As per the post, the trio, Devi-Fabiola-Elenor, are still virgins and still as Devi said in season 1 ‘ready to bone’. As crass as it sounds, it’s totally normal lingo for American high-schoolers.
When Does Season 2 Premier?
Never Have I Ever season 2 coming July 15th, 2021 on Netflix. You can check it out here.
Is There A Trailer Available for Season 2?
Absolutely, Netflix dropped the trailer of Never Have I Ever season 2 on Youtube and fans are already over the moon. According to the trailer, it’s Devi’s last chance to get an American boyfriend before she has to move to India, and she finds herself in a love triangle between Paxton Hall-Yoshida and Ben Gross. Check the trailer out here!
You might also love: Quiet Place 2 Review: A mixed bag of adrenaline and sighs
What is Going to Happen?
A lot is going on in Sherman High and Devi’s life in this new season.
1. As we already know, Devi’s in dilemma who she is going to choose as a boyfriend, so forever sensible, she creates a Pro-Con list for Ben and Paxton. Later, she decides she will date both!! Yikes, history says that never has done any good for anyone!
2. Things are heating up for both Fabiola and Elenor. Fabiola finally has given in to her attraction toward another girl and came out of the closet as a lesbian, while Elenor is in a secret relationship with Oliver. Fans think he is a wife’s guy in training.
3. Everything is going well for Devi with Ben and Paxton until another hot & smart Indian girl, Aneesa transfers to Sherman High. There’s only so much room for two Indians in the school.
4. Romance is going to be in the air for Devi’s widowed mom Dr, Viswakumar!
5. That’s not all, Never Have I Ever season 2 is teased to have an elaborate ‘promposal’! Lots of emotional drama, therapy sessions with Dr. Jamie Ryan, some extremely funny moments between Devi and her typical-but-not-so-typical ‘Indian’ mom! So we suggest, go rewatch season 1 and refresh your memory before July 15.
Similar read: 5 Best Romantic Comedies in Amazon Prime to watch in 2021
Will There be New Characters?
For sure. From what we know so far, Megan Suri as Aneesa is one of the new additions to the cast. Aneesa’s ‘confidence and radiance’ will be an ‘immediate threat’ to our beloved Devi’s love life. Utkarsh Ambudkar will join Sherman High as the cool English teacher, while P.J. Byrne will play a research assistant and Devi’s cousin Kamala’s rival at Caltech. However, the biggest celebrity Never Have I Ever producers have managed to tap so far is Common as ‘a suave and debonair dermatologist’, who crosses paths with Devi’s mom in her office building.
Are you excited about Never Have I Ever Season 2 as much as we are? Who do you think Devi should date – Ben or Paxton? Tell us in the comments section below. Until next time, Sayonara!
Trending today: 10 Amazing Rom Com Movies on Netflix You Must Watch